Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the third day of Christmas...

My true love gave to me...

An action that spoke louder than words.

This season don't forget the value of "doing" a kindness, rather than purchasing one.

My husband was a perfect example last night. I had planned on giving him the night off by taking the kids to a holiday party while he relaxed. He had a bout of insomnia the night before in addition to working several hours on a Saturday afternoon, so I told him to catch a movie or go to bed early.

No sooner had the kids and I arrived at the party, I heard his voice at the door, to my extreme delight. He wanted to spend the night with me and our boys!

Whether it's volunteering to babysit your friends' kids for the afternoon while she reads her book at a favorite coffee shop or offering to give a soothing massage to your loved one after work, remember...

The best portion of a good man's life [are] his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~William Wordsworth

Peace,
T

No comments: