Saturday, August 16, 2008

Twice is Nice, Three Times Even Better

My two boys and I dropped off the clothing donations from Betty's picnic to Twice is Nice thrift shop this week on Preston Avenue.

If you don't know about this shop, I highly recommend stopping in. Carolyn Ettinger just spent the last few months spiffing it up - cleaning, reorganizing, and adding to the space. My boys and I were delighted to find one cowboy/snap-on shirt (think Lyle Lovett), jet-fighter pj's (my youngest had to leave the store in them), a long-sleeve "dog" shirt (NWT), and another fall shirt, all in great shape for: 15 dollars! How is that for a back-to-school bargain.

Twice is nice because the store helps your pocketbook and that of a stellar, community non-profit JABA (Jefferson Area Board of Aging). Quoting from their website: "Our mission is to promote, establish and preserve sustainable communities for healthy aging that benefit individuals and families of all ages."

Betty loves it three times because shopping here, rather than popular stores like Old Navy and Gap, help the planet by reducing consumption through conserving natural resources and reusing goods.

Best,
BWB

No comments: